Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Bruce Gunstock Hardwood

I just completed this floor recently. After demoing the carpet and a lot of very old ceramic tile, I installed the new Bruce Dundee red oak 2 1/4" strips and 3 1/4" planks in alternating rows. Matching shoe molding was installed, along with matching flush fit floor vents for that extra special touch. Although the kitchen cabinets are maple, the stain on them is the same color as the floor, so while I was there I was able to touch up 20 years of scuffs and scrapes to help the cabinets look a little fresher.

I'm going back to install a new Anderson slider, crown molding on the wall cabinets, and repair some sub par deck railing that someone else installed. The homeowners are happy to let me work while they are on vacation, which I think helps make things easier on both of us.